Have you ever met someone and forgotten their names a few seconds later? If so, here are some Tips, Tricks, Tools, and Techniques to Remember Names with Greater Ease:
- Believe you can – ignore the self-talk (i.e. I’m terrible with names”).
- Pay attention – focus on the person you are meeting.
- Link name to someone/something you know:
- Friends & family – do they have the same name as anyone you know?
- Meaning of names – think about the meaning of the person’s name.
- Create a visual image – most people tend to be visual, so try linking an image to the person’s name.
Next time you meet someone, try these techniques to remember their names.